Bacterial vaginosis, confused?

I just found out i have bacterial vaginosis, I haven't been sexually active for about 2 months now, im really confused. It just happened out of nowhere, and i have not been douching. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, and we ALWAYS use a condom, we never have unprotected sex. I find it odd that my symptoms came out of nowhere, even though we havent had sex in a while. and don't bother saying hes cheating on me. I have been using a different soap, and i just had my period 2 weeks ago& i wear tampons, could any of these be factors to bacterial vaginosis? im getting scared

Favorite Answer

Hello, try not to stress about it girl! Bacterial Vaginosis is very common. Actually more common than a yeast infection. Most girls dont even know they have it. Its basically in easy terms a imbalance of vaginal ph(Acidity) which can cause a fishy smell, discharge, itch, or burning. Having sex while you have it will cause it to "flare up". For me it will flare up out of nowhere. I have done everything in the book and unfortunately I am one who has it chronic(have it almost every day). But dove soap(the original kind) helps ALOT, also get metronidazole gel(it is the only thing that doesnt make me sick and helps) and every time you start to feel like your getting it use some gel and buy some probiotics called femdophilus($20), if you cant afford those just pick up some regular probiotics at a local drug store. Probiotics help to build the "good" bacteria while the metrogel kills the bad. OH and this is what has been helping me a TON, if you are not allergic to bees please try this. http://www.amazon.com/Durhams-Delight-Propolis-Bee... Bee pollen helps with allergies and colds, bee propolis kills away the bad bacteria while building the good, and royal jelly is super super good for you. Thats just a suggestion! :) Bacterial vaginosis is a pain in the butt and is super embarrassing but if you nip it in the bud you will be perfectly fine. Here is some causes, hormones, change in diet, starting or getting off a period(blood changes the vaginal ph causing bv) tampons that are not changed often, bacteria in the intestines(nobody really knows about that one but it is true) having sex with a dirty partner(usually not the case). You will be okay trust me. Its NOT an std either dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Oh and my opinion is that doctors dont know anything about this so if you feel they arent helping then do some research and you will be good to go! AND sorry this is long im just trying to help, primadophilus reuturi is amazing it works good too. Wear cotton underwear. DONT DOUCHE WHATEVER YOU DO it will make it 100x worse. If you cant go to a doc buy some apple cider vinegar and do about 1 or 2 Tablespoons with 4 ounces of water, soak the tampon in it and insert overnight that has helped alot too and it does not burn if you do it correctly. I hope you get the answers your looking for!

Source(s): personal experience(current bv sufferer)

1

Source(s): Solve Candida Problem http://sparkindl.info/CureCandidaYeastInfection

2

Source(s): Yeast Infection Cure Secrets - http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?bhpF

In your vagina, you have a balance of what are called "flora". Flora are the normal microscopic "residents" we have in our body -- we have oral flora, gut flora, and woman have vaginal flora. And when there's an imbalance in the vaginal bacterial flora, benign vs. harmful, bacterial vaginosis (BV) can result.

So there are things other than sex & douching that are associated with BV. Smoking, IUDs, recent antibiotic use and some hygiene products. Although most experts feel that vaginosis has to occur in women who are sexually active, some feel that the condition can still develop in women who have not had sexual intercourse. I agree with the minority on this. Just to make it very clear, what I mentioned (smoking, IUDs, recent antibiotic use and some hygiene products) don't CAUSE bacterial vaginosis. What causes BV is a bacterial imbalance. The short list I gave you are factors that can lead to that imbalance, which, in turn, can lead to BV.

Try this if you like: If you can, find and buy Jarrow Formulas Fem Dophilus or Nature's Way Primadophilis Reuteri. These are acidophilus and lactobacilli and also probiotics. The specific strains of bacteria are L. rhamnosus GR-1, L. reuteri RC-14 and Saccharomyces boulardii LYO for urogenital health. What you can do is use RePhresh (sold OTC but expensive so you needn't buy it more than once) to help correct the pH level and then open up a couple of probiotic capsules and and mix with a little plain, unsweetened yogurt and insert vaginally twice a day. You'll need a pantyliner or pad. You can also take the probiotics by mouth and for the rest of your life.

For online ordering of Jarrow Formulas Fem Dophilus: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_d...

And to locate where to buy Nature's Way Primadophilis Reuteri: http://www.naturesway.com/Where-To-Buy.aspx?p=1424...

Source(s): I'm a nurse.

You can get bacterial vaginosis from a lot of things, some of which include sex, smoking and douching.

You can go to CVS or Walgreens to get VH Essentials BV Treatment.

This website is a good resource as well, because you can ask the Doctor questions directly: http://www.yeastinfection.org/faqs/

BV is not necessarily a STD. The real cause of BV is never sex,, anyhow.

The real cause of BV is imbalance of bacteria in the vagina, which is caused by a changed vaginal pH (acidity). The changed acidity helps the bad bacteria outgrow the good bacteria, and thereby causes the problem. That's it.

Antibiotics will temporarily eliminate the bacteria (and since you will take the antibiotics when you have the bad bacteria inside your vagina, it will end up eliminating your bad bacteria), and in case the vaginal acidity is restored to normal before the effect of the antibiotic wears off, you are good. Else, you are not.

One great way to cure normally is to lead a healthy lifestyle (food habits etc) that helps restore the bacterial balance in the vagina. Yogurt, green tea, cranberry juice etc are some of the natural and helpful items to take. Of course, wear clean underwear etc so that in general you are healthy and clean - that goes without saying.

Primadophilus Reuteri For Bv

• DM

That is generally caused by an imbalance of sme sort.

Are you wiping in the right direction?

Are the condoms irritating your system?

Are you wearing polyester panties or gstrings?

Choose faster-paced methods of yoga such as Ashtanga or even Vinyasa to burn more calories while also buying a good stretch.

Choose faster-paced methods of yoga such as Ashtanga or perhaps Vinyasa to burn more calories while also getting a good stretch.