Daiki asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 7 years ago

What does あんだんでも mean in japanese?

Here the context:

あいつ

あんだんでも

ー応モデルだぜ?

んだのも

見慣れてるだろ

I couldn't really grab the meaning of this sentence, it must be very colloquial japanese or just some short form I don't know.

Very loosely I translated as:

"Did he (that guy) even apply as a model?"

"I'd probably get accustomed to it as well"

but it doesn't make any sense to me, please don't use google translator or any other online translator, that won't work. I need someone very fluent in japanese, preferably a native speaker please? c:

Also what is this kanji? I cannot find it, I thought it was this:

甘い but probably it isn't -.-

Here a screen shot:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2978/33344228.p...

Thanks in advance c;

• Naoko
    Favorite Answer

Hi, Daiki.

Yes, it is very colloquial, boys words and difficult to me as well, but let me help you, please.

あんだんでも I guess it is "あん'な'んでも". This is casual colloquial form.

The original form is あんなのでも (あんな姿でも) = ああ見えても "despite appearances".

ー応 has a lot of meanings, but I think it means "even it sounds a joke" in this case.

だぜ? There is a question mark, but this is not exactly an asking form. This express "surely" or "definitely" with surprising. I think it is similar to "you see" or "you know".

んだのも might be "ん'な'のも". He seems to drop "そ”, it is not so usual but you would find this form in very colloquial form. "そ" would be dropped in the phrase "そんな", so the original is "そんなのも"(そういうのも) "this sort of thing as well".

見慣れてる means "get accustomed to seeing"

だろ is sometimes used as a shortage of だろう(probably) as you know, but I think it's だろ?. The person just wants to make sure what he is saying. It means like "don't you think so?" or "am I right?" in this sentence. (It's very confusing that one has a question mark and the other doesn't. I don't think Japanese get accustomed to using "?" very well even now).

I think you'll translate it in English better than me, but my translation is "That guy, he might not look it, but he is anything of a model. You get accustomed to seeing this sort of thing as well, don't you?"

Yes, you are right. It is 甘い あまい.

I hope it helps :)

Now, I guess the person pronounces "だ" instead of "な", because he has a stuffy nose or some problems. It happens to people has a stuffy nose basically.

Source(s): I am Japanese learning English