Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 years ago

What do i do with this?!?

My boyfriend and i have been dating for a little over a month now. We love each other and really believe we are meant for each other (which could or could not be true...onlt the future shows) but he cuts and i understand that because i also did for a short period of time. He always gets depressed but its like we feed off each others depression. For example he said he didnt like how i posted person all (my thoughts) stuff on tumblr and that he didnt want other people seeing me in youtube videos online. Last night he saw a new post (that was directed towards him : me telling him how much i loved him) he cried cut amnd sent several messages to me about how much it hurt him. When iread them my stomach dropped and i had to leave class for 30 minutes to curl into a ball (i have anxiety issues as well. My friend told me i should brake up with him. but i love him so much and i dont know if i can trust her because she dated him for 2 years a while back.

Advice? opinion?

thanks

Favorite Answer

When she says take a break from him it's not because of jealousy, he's having a lot of trouble which can be hard for you to deal with it, especially when you have troubles yourself; it was probably hard for her, and that's why she broke up. I don't think you should give up on him easily though.

Communication really helps, ask him why it hurt him tell him how it felt when you read it and what you ended up doing. Tell him you love him, but you can't keep doing this and you want your relationship with him to be a happy one for both of you. Tell him you want to be there for him, but it's hard when you have problems yourself. Tell him that you need him to stop cutting and to try to get overcome his depression; if he isn't getting therapy for this ask him to, (you should do the same). If you feel like this talk isn't working then you should take a break.

Maybe this will help both of you, read it together: http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-with-Depression

There's probably more things you can find on Google. I found that one just by searching "how depression"