My dog had a seizure?

My dog Titan is a German Shepherd/Husky mix. He was sleeping and then just shot up and started walking around and falling down. His tongue disappeared into his mouth and no matter how much I tried to see it through what little bit of space he showed me I couldn't. He went into the kitchen fell to the floor and started twitching and foaming at the mouth. He peed and pooped all over himself. I thought he had swallowed his own tongue. I called the vet after I stopped screaming and she told me it was a seizure. he came out of it, but I don't know what to do for him if he has another. all I knew to do was keep my other 2 dogs away from him. I am making him a vet appointment within 2 weeks because that's when I get my next pay check. is there anything that can help me if he has another? is there any info on the subject that could give me some insite on what type of seizure it might have been? any and all info would help. I just want to know everything I can about what I can do to help my fur baby.

Favorite Answer

Well, I've seen a dog have a seizure before, and their reaction usually depends on the type of dog, so it was my grandma's dog that had the seizure. He was sitting on my Grandpa's lap when he ran around, ran into walls, and hid under the bed. Now my grandma gives him medicine, and he hasn't had one since.

Source(s): Dogs, real life experience.

Take him to a Vet. He needs medication.