What does war powers act mean?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

After 2 days, the President has to ask Congress for a formal decleration of war to continue a US troop presence. It limits the executive branches power (checks and balances)

• 4 years ago

Presidents were progressively undermining the conflict Powers Act on account that LBJ replaced into in position of work, and each so often, Congress provides the president extra discretion in conflict making, mutually with after 9/eleven. The Founders positioned the conflict Powers Clause interior of the structure for a cause, it is to make it harder to go into wars than to depart them. What transpired after Viet Nam did the choice. i'm getting the conflict Powers Act at a loss for phrases with the conflict Powers Clause. it is the 2d time i've got accomplished it. it is my undesirable. in spite of the fact that the objective is that Congress has givenpersistent to the president and overridden the conflict Powers Clause.

• Jeff
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It kind of is like when He-man raises his sword and says "by the power of Grey Skull! I have the Power".. and then he can fight Skelator.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

A old hat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.