Computer won't boot in normal mode.?

I plugged in a USB onto my laptop then it turn off. And now it won't turn back onto normal mode.It can go on to safe mode. I tried recovery mode by turning off programs on start up. I have no system restore points what can I do??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

" what can I do?? " for starters post the brand, model number, operating system of the laptop when asking for help. Next what type hardware did you plug into the USB port of the laptop ( flash drive, optical drive, external hard drive etc. ) ? If a USB flash drive what type files are on it ( documents, e mails files, pictures, IOS operating system files ) ? Do yo have or did you create the operating system repair disc and the recovery/reinstall disc set for the laptop ?

If you want a usable answer then you must furnish all the info.

Have you tried powering off the laptop after logging off then removing batter and holding down power on button for 5 to 10 seconds to reset laptop ?

• 7 years ago

U want to see whats inside the USB, this happens if there is a malware in ur USB if u r trying to install or boot your computer from USB ,then u must have downloaded a .iso file if there is a game in it so the virus from ur USB has transferred to ur computer,or if u have installed something and un-installed it so that happens........ so I preffer u to install a fresh copy of windows (whatever version u like) if ur dvd is workin or u could take it to a Microsoft repair shop nearby and have those fresh copy of windows that problem happened with me last month but I installed new version of windows.

• 7 years ago

take out the usb then restart its probably trying to boot to the usb

• 7 years ago

check and make sure there are no viruses. or take out the usb drive.

Source(s): computer
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.