Computer won't boot in normal mode.?

I plugged in a USB onto my laptop then it turn off. And now it won't turn back onto normal mode.It can go on to safe mode. I tried recovery mode by turning off programs on start up. I have no system restore points what can I do??

" what can I do?? " for starters post the brand, model number, operating system of the laptop when asking for help. Next what type hardware did you plug into the USB port of the laptop ( flash drive, optical drive, external hard drive etc. ) ? If a USB flash drive what type files are on it ( documents, e mails files, pictures, IOS operating system files ) ? Do yo have or did you create the operating system repair disc and the recovery/reinstall disc set for the laptop ?

If you want a usable answer then you must furnish all the info.

Have you tried powering off the laptop after logging off then removing batter and holding down power on button for 5 to 10 seconds to reset laptop ?

U want to see whats inside the USB, this happens if there is a malware in ur USB if u r trying to install or boot your computer from USB ,then u must have downloaded a .iso file if there is a game in it so the virus from ur USB has transferred to ur computer,or if u have installed something and un-installed it so that happens........ so I preffer u to install a fresh copy of windows (whatever version u like) if ur dvd is workin or u could take it to a Microsoft repair shop nearby and have those fresh copy of windows that problem happened with me last month but I installed new version of windows.

take out the usb then restart its probably trying to boot to the usb

check and make sure there are no viruses. or take out the usb drive.

Source(s): computer