JakeR asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

Big problem with cats?

I am allergic to cats. If I get fur on me, I get stuffy and sneeze a lot through the day. I'm very itchy and can't concentrate if fur does happen to get on me.

I have 6 cats in my house. I want them to leave. My mom, grandparents and little sisters don't agree however. I told them I do want them to go to good homes, for sure. I still want them to have a good life, but not in my house. I'm too allergic, and 6 is way to much. But my mom and grandparents refuse to get rid of them. I don't know what to do about this anymore. I'm 14, 15 in a month. What should I do to get rid of the cats or to cope?

• Laurie

Go to the doctor and ask for allergy meds. Or you can ask your mom to let you stay with a relative. If you are truly allergic, I find it odd that your mom and grandparents would allow cats in the house.

I'm allergic to cats too. I have 5 indoor only cats and they don't bother me anymore, I got use to them & if it gets bad I take Zyrtec. Try it, it may work for you also.

Source(s): rescue feral & abandoned cats & kittens

I'm allergic to cats and I have 2 of them... I suggest taking something like claritin, avoiding them and keeping them out of your room and bed. Even if they got rid of the cats, the dander would still be there and bother you as it does me. Good luck, hon!

they make cat wipes that remove cat dander. call the vet and ask where to get them. maybe you could get your little sisters to groom them in exchange for some favor. Also sometimes you outgrow your allergies

• detmut

take zyrtec or its generic.