lidnsey asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

what is wrong with my hair?!?

i am so beyond frustrated with my hair. after trying so hard to take good care of it, it ended up in a horrible condition. it is sticky and rubbery (like oil off a ducks back) when wet. when dry it is static- like, tangled, and hard to get my fingers through.

but I had been using organix coconut conditioner (maybe too much though) and i had been deep conditioning it and doing healthy masks for my hair even.

i have tried using a "clean" shampoo and conditoner. did not work.

i tried a protein treatment. did not work.

i tried not washing my hair for a week incase of my hair needing to build back up it's natural oils. nothing.

i have tried everything it seems like. is it too much silicone?! please help!! ill do anything i need to i am sick of dealing with this

Favorite Answer

Maybe you're conditioning it too much. Try using just shampoo and not conditioner.

But one thing, don't pay attention to it when it's wet. Wet hair is hard to work with and you usually don't want to try to like straighten it or comb it while it's wet because it's just like impossible

• Chloe

Quit with the treatments for a while. Too much of a good thing has it's own negative side effects. Your hair needs a break. Give it like a month. Then use sulfate, silicone, paraben and alcohol free hair products. Always check the ingredient list of the products you buy for your hair and avoid those ingredients so you can get softer and healthier hair. There's this line called pro naturals that is really good for hair because its so gentle and it uses argan oil which is the best thing you can use on your hair. Look them up online and see if you like anything from them like shampoo, conditioner, argan oil for after a shower, hair masks, etc.

stop switching between treatments. choose one, stick it out. your hair will react to new products in weird ways, but you have to keep going until your hair gets used to it and eventually youll see results.