Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 years ago

Why doesnt my mom trust me at all?

So i never do anything bad. I've never smoked, drank, had sex or anything. I never do anything bad. But my mom doesn't trust me one bit. If i ask her to go to a friends house or somewhere, she has to call up the mom and everyone and know EXACTLY what we're planning on doing and EXACTLY where were going. I know she 'loves me' and 'cares about me' but she just thinks im gonna go out and party and stuff. And i dont even have my license yet, she wont let me because she thinks ill have to much freedom. She also takes my phone all the freaking time. She doesnt even have a real reason to take it, like if i was making bad grades or something else to deserve a punishment, i could see why she would take it. She'll take it if i like wont go to church because i have to much homework, or if i stay up past like 10. I know she pays for it and she has the right too i guess, but it just gets under my skin when she doesnt really have a reason. And when. I ask her why she like yells at me BECAUSE I SAID SO THATS WHY. She would always creep through my facebook too and it made me so mad i just gave up and deleted it. I just cant put up with her anymore.

Favorite Answer

She might have done bad things when she was a teenager, and she doesn't want you to repeat them. That's what it sounds like to me, anyway. Being overprotective isn't necessarily healthy, but she probably doesn't want you to make the same mistakes that she made.

I'm guessing you're a teen and parents are just over protective. My mom always stalks my Facebook and phone And if sucks. It's just part of being a teen. You will hate it now, but it will result in a better mature life.