Off topic slightly. but does anyone else think its wrong to play the FA cup final before the seasons ends?

• Skyfox
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

Traditionally the FA Cup was the final game of the English Football season. Unlike the League Cup, which is a relatively new competition and was intended to allow football clubs to play midweek games, the FA Cup was the world's first football competition.

For almost 30 years there WAS no Premier League/First Division, the football season was entirely the FA Cup. Thanks to the advent of money and the "Premier League" the cup has been atrociously degraded and brainwashed fans believe this is in some way a "good thing".

just one of the many reasons why I have no respect for 'modern, Sky/FIFA generation' football fans. They wouldn't know tradition if it bit them on the ****.

• police

When Chelsea won the double they actually played the FA cup final a week after the league ended. I wonder why it's not so this time, not fair I'd say......

no cause then people will say why aint the capital one cup played then dont matter if ones better then the other its still a cup and can ruin your season in the league