Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 7 years ago

Want to change appearance?

I'm 16 years old, female, and I really want to change something about myself. I've died my hair (several times) got my ears and cartilage pierced, (parents won't allow belly button) and I've changed my makeup. I've also tried spray tanning too. I don't want to cut my hair, cus I'm trying to grow it out. Any ideas????????? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I change my appearance EVERYDAY, by changing HOW I style my hair.

When you color your hair, they're still the same boring hair, but when you put your hair up, that's 100% changed.

You're 16, and already adding more products on your skin, that causes carcinogen - cancer.

Many beauty & hair products now have LABEL INGREDIENTS and DISCLAIMERS, specially makeup, they are required to put labels so consumers are aware to watch for chemicals: DBP, TITANIUM, MERCURY, HYDROQUINONE, or Toluene solvent, that causes cancer or harm us. In other words, less is MORE.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 22 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Lead on Lipstick: According to a 2009 study conducted by the FDA, every one of 22 lipstick samples tested contained lead, ranging from 0.9 ppm to 3.06 ppm. Though the amounts are small, they can have a big impact on the long-term health of women who apply lipstick every day (and sometimes multiple times per day). The agency's weak regulations for cosmetics allow up to 20 ppm lead in cosmetic colorants, but that doesn't account for other potential sources. The Campaign for Safe Cosmetic has found that lead can be a contaminant of petroleum-based ingredients or of minerals, such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.

Lead and eight other metals are found in lipsticks and lip glosses commonly sold in the United States, some at levels that could raise potential health concerns, according to a new report.

Researchers measured levels of cadmium, chromium, titanium and other metals in 32 lip products purchased from drugstores and department stores in California.

They detected lead in 75 percent of the products, according to the report. Half of the samples contained lead at concentrations higher than the maximum allowed by the Food and Drug Administration in candy likely to be consumed by small children, the researchers said. 5-2-13

Spray tans: According to the FDA’s good manufacturing processes and to the extent that these ingredients can be avoided, DHA may contain up to 3 parts per million of arsenic, 20 parts per million of lead, and 20 parts per million of iron.

SOURCES:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/uc...