Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 7 years ago

Hit a car while backing up?

So tonight I hit a car while backing up. The guy wasn't originally behind me when I started backing up, I think he just pulled in while I was backing up. But he got out of his car, inspected his bumper. Came up to my car and said "your not going to say sorry?!". I said sorry and he drove off. I didn't get his plate number and my car has no damage. So what should I do?

• Nomadd
    Favorite Answer

Grow a pair?

Learn how to back up? Just because someone isn't behind you when you START to back up doesn't mean you don't continue to watch behind you. Also in the future insurance companies will tell you to never say sorry, that is an admission of guilt. You should have said Are you ok? or something like that. It gets an acknowledgement there was a collusion, without taking blame.

Id say don't worry about if he drove off. if he got your license plate then wait to be contacted by his insurance company

You maybe lucky and never hear from him again !