is Attention Deficit Disorder a form of autism?

Favorite Answer

definitely not. It just means you cant concentrate on things well. nothing to do with autism

Add is still very much a thing, add is the form of attention deficit without the hyperactivity, ADHD is with the hyperactivity, an neither are a form of autism

Source(s): Personal expeience

attention deficit disorder is an outdated term it wasn't anymore officially medically recognized since 1994.What the new word is Attention deficit hyperactive disorder.and there are three kinds of this attention deficit hyperactive disorder. there is one where you cant stand still not even if your life depends on it,and another were its hard to stay focus,and another where its a combination of both.and to answer your question ADD when you meant ADHA is not a form of autism.Autism simply means that you have a hard time communicating even though your brain is working perfectly fine.

Source(s): I have adhd containing both of not being able to sit still and not being able to focus most times.And I learned this last semester in my college class