GENTLEMAN Expectation should now be done away with.?

I personally feel that there is an imbalance of power between the sexes now seeing that women are fighting to be entitled to pretty much anything men are these days: ability to fight in wars, equal pay, the demand of society to view her as equals with men.

And yet, why is it that men are still expected to perform the same chivalrous functions? Dates, men for the most part are still expected to pay for dinner. Men to sacrifice themselves in threatening situations for women. Again for the MOST part, women still expect men to chase them, me are expected to satisfy the needs of women first before thinking of himself.

Women are reaping the benefits of everything, especially having select-ability of men who chase her and men are expected in large part to follow the same roles as before (as they benefit to women) but also give up their old-time authority and recognize women are equals.

This makes no sense to me and I personally think gentlemanly expectations need to be done away with.

Favorite Answer

It's a matter of romance.

No one's making you or expecting you to. It's your prerogative if you like a girl how you treat her. But yes, most women like being treated special by a guy who generally should only be with that one girl and she should be special to him.

I'm all for equal rights and all, but only some psycho extremist feminist will push ridiculous issues like that. I wouldn't mind going dutch on dinner, or opening my own door, but if I'm going to be treated more like your bar-buddy than your girlfriend then doesn't it seem like I'm just convenient?

And no girl, no matter what want to be convenient.

On a side note, would you appreciate an equal world where the girl you were dating was sitting there belching, farting, and scratching herself?

If yes, you are officially The Man of Steel.