L asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

How to get your brain to stop cursing god?

I am seeking the answer of a compassionate person. My brain has been feeding off of fearing the devils evil plan and fearing God at the same time along with fearing man. I am looking for a solution to make my brain stop cursing and making fun of God. My brain has resorted to doing this. I am so narccistic and pessimistic while acting optimistic to keep my last strength of sanity. I am also dealing with living with my mom. Our relationship has pretty much gone wrong. I just started today to try and work things out where I want to start going a good job at cleaning instead of what my mom who is bearing the cross of 5 people on her back says is half ***. She is so negative when something goes wrong because of all the stuff she has to deal with. Meanwhile all the stuff she hears about I hear about and I'm also cursing God in my brain at the same time. I want it to stop. I'm lazy and I try to clean up sometimes. I could do more. Everyone likes to mess up and expects me to clean it up. If somethings missing my mom assumes the worst and holds me accountable. I can tell its BC I act victim to it. How to I control my tongue and explain that something is OK without my body language saying I'm wrong BC of my already guilty conscience. I want the agony of indifference to stop. God help.

Favorite Answer

Many Christians struggle with this actually.

I read that other answer and I have to say this.. you don't love God because you love yourself first. Because the scripture say "We love because he first loved us." (1 John 4:19) See? We love because He first loved us, not because of our own works but because of God. When we love, it's because God loved us first.

Everything you hear, no matter who it comes from, you ALWAYS need to compare it to the bible.

How I've understood it is that those thoughts are coming from the devil or from your flesh. Ask the Holy Spirit to protect you from those thoughts. And rationalize! You know you wouldn't curse God out loud, it's not something you want to do ever. So just be like "that's stupid I wouldn't say that." or "By the Grace of God I will never curse him. He loves me and knows I love him so he won't let that happen." Dismiss it. It isn't your thought. Say it out loud, "That isn't my thought and I rebuke it in the name of Jesus."

James 4:7 says "Submit yourselves therefor to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

So keep resisting the devil and he will flee. The scriptures also say "Come close to God and he will come close to you", and "You will keep in perfect peace all whose minds are fixed on you". So my last and most important advice is get close to God. Seek him in prayer and in his word, frequently!! The closer you get to him the closer you are to your freedom :)

God bless you

Source(s): The bible

I didn't read the whole thing I am sorry. I read maybe half way down though. With that said, I personally think you need to stop putting so much importance on god and the devil. I am a Christian, but you need to love yourself before you can love others. Including God. There is no need to be afraid of the idea of God because he loves and forgives everybody. There is no need to curse God because you make your own destiny. The decisions you make and the things you act on are what make you you and your life what it is. There is no divine power involved there. Take control of your situation with your own power and love yourself. That is what God is about. Having the power to be a good person. You make your life what it is. Nobody else. Okay and at this point I have now read the whole things. Speak your mind and let your voice be heard. If you tell the truth there is nothing to be guilty about. I hope I could help you.

When you start loving God with your heart and your mind; love will purify them. To love, just start loving things that He loves, do what you can to honor Him every time, listen to sweet Gospel music that talk about the faithfulness and love of God. Listen to some good preaching like the ones by Leonard Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, and Andrew Wommack. You want to honor Him already, and He is answering already; so don't worry, you have stepped into the brighter days of life. Blessings!

Don't listen to the guy with the ? for a name. You are to be dependent on God, not yourself. Psalm 62: 5-12 says 5 I depend on God alone; I put my hope in him. 6 He alone protects and saves me; he is my defender, and I shall never be defeated. 7 My salvation and honor depend on God; he is my strong protector; he is my shelter. 8 Trust in God at all times, my people. Tell him all your troubles, for he is our refuge. 9 Human beings are all like a puff of breath; great and small alike are worthless. Put them on the scales, and they weigh nothing; they are lighter than a mere breath. 10 Don't put your trust in violence; don't hope to gain anything by robbery; even if your riches increase, don't depend on them. 11 More than once I have heard God say that power belongs to him 12 and that his love is constant. You yourself, O Lord, reward everyone according to their deeds."

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Mar_8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.