Corrine asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Conservatives: What do you think about Mark Sanford's congressional seat victory?

Frankly I believe his conduct was unforgivable enough that he should have retreated to the private sector, and another conservative should have run in his place.

That being said, apparently those in South Carolina feel that the democrats spending our way into oblivion outweighs his personal choices.

Is a badly behaved republican still better than a tax-and-spend democrat?

Update:

“I’ve got a lot of problems with Sanford, believe me,” said Jennifer Kavanagh, 42, a real estate agent. “I’d have preferred to have another Republican, but I just don’t agree with the way Democrats are spending.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/08/us/south-carolin...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Fortunately I don't live in SC, so I didn't have to choose between the two evils.

Of course my state has two evils who keep getting reelected every year. :o)

• Jeff
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Hey, our congress kept Clinton in for lying after getting a ******** in the oval office from an intern. Not sure how many jobs you would keep after committing purgery and a sexual deviant act during working hours on a federal payroll.

• 7 years ago

"Is a badly behaved republican still better than a tax-and-spend democrat?" == YEA

=

BTW: Bill Clinton was badly behaved AND a tax-and-spend democrat.

• 7 years ago

Plus there may have been some resentment of his opponent's attempt to be elected solely on the strength of her maiden name and well publicized relationship with a TV star.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Were you in a coma during the first 6 years of the Bush administration when the republican controlled congress spent more money in 6 years than during the last 50? Oh that is right...they cut taxes and then spent....totally different circumstance!

• Jeff
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Sex tourism just got a shot in the arm bro!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You clearly know nothing about South Carolina politics. The previous seat holder was a tea party republican, just like the republicans before him. The county in question rarely votes for democrats because that county and most of our state is just to the left of Mississippi on politics. This explains why we have the second highest rate of poverty per capita, why we have the second highest rate of high school drop outs per capita, why we lead the nation on obesity and lack of health care, and why we take in far more in welfare than we pay out in taxes. You can thank our liberal blue states for continuing to bail out the Deep South. I know I do.

• Josh
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

He should change parties, then run for president as a democrat. Hell, it worked for Clinton.

• John
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I'm glad he won because at least in SC they understand he would be better for the economy and their state.

• vrzz
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

This is quite possibly the first rational argument I've seen you make.

Bravo!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.