Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 7 years ago

Bible verse translation for a tattoo?

I'm getting a tattoo of either one of these bible verses. I want it reworded to a more modern and flowing feel. I can't think of the right way to word it... help? They are:

1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.

Luke 12:34

For where your treasure is, your heart will be also.

Favorite Answer

Not sure how you would change it from a bible verse to "modern and flowing" but would I would do for 1 corinthians 16 is get it the way it is, in cursive and 4 lines, and have guard, faith, courageous, strong and love spelled in really big fancy letters. example

Be on your GUARD,

Stand firm in your FAITH,

Be COURAGEOUS; be STRONG,

Do everything in LOVE.

So then the main words will be hightlighted which would be hot. I'm getting mine like that except it's the serenity prayer. Here's an example.

http://darrahdejour.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03...

Oh and the one for Luke is so short you should get "for where your treasure is" on one wrist and "your heart will also be" on the other wrist in real tiny cursive letters. That would be super hot! Sorry I just lived vicuriously through your tattoos lol. Those are great ideas for tats though.

• Laura

They sound like bible verses. If you want a bible verse on you, then get a bible verse. If you want a sentence, then get a sentence. There is a very clear difference between the two, you can't really have both.