Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Insurgency an effective defensive tactic? or purely offensive?

I was going over my notes that I took down a few months ago when I read the military's ''COIN'' (Counter Insurgency) Manual and came across a kind of controversial/interesting idea of insurgency warfare. The manual paraphrased ''On War'' by Carl von Clauswitz (which I'm currently reading). It stated C.V.C's opinion on insurgency as being false. C.V.C'S idea of insurgency is it can only be used in a defensive manner and is only used against a superior invading force. The manual however, stated that this has been proven wrong in the past century and it claims its been used as an offensive tactic. I don't exactly see how it has? even against America? Does anyone know how its been used in an offensive operation outside of a country's borders?

You're right on the money. How can an insurgency be offensive at all? The answer is it can't. The USA is the aggressor/invader/oppressor.

It has been used by liberals for the past century assaulting AMERICAN values.

• John

All the above.