Anyone else here surprised that Jodi Arias didn't get off with community service or something?

Usually any instance where a woman is violent toward her husband/boyfriend (Mary Winkler, etc.) they get off with an insanely easy sentence, especially when there are allegations of abuse.

Is America starting to understand that women indeed have the mental capacity of an adult?

Update:

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's getting what she deserves, but just wasn't expecting it.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If she is guilty, she deserves the same punishment a man would get in that situation. Letting her off easy if she is guilty only is an insult to Women. Are we too weak or stupid to deserve the same sentence as a man?

• justa
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I think the evidence was simply there and that three versions that don't add up don't add up to being believed.

If men got beaten like women do, with hospital record back ups, then men wouldn't complain when a women strikes back against an often bigger and stronger man.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

She has not ben sentanced. The mitigating factors have not been considered yet. She could be set free even though that is highly unlikely. Do you really think this woman is sane though. Not that she should ever get out but Anthony Weiner was probably jacking to her testimony on his web cam.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The evidence against her seemed pretty overwhelming, so I'm not surprised she was found guilty. But the woman is clearly mentally ill.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Just that the Anthony case got off because of incompetent council. Here, you had a stronger case of premeditation and mens rea.

• I am surprised that just the hint of potential sex abuse didn't not only have her go free, but also make her entitled to his estate.

• 7 years ago

Well, she is not a minority....if that were true she would get a slap on the wrist.

Having said that, she got what she deserved.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Im not surprised one drop,

You are probably one of the stooges that purchased her used panties.

• 7 years ago

Why anyone can see by that pure, sweet, innocent face on her that she is so totally and completely innocent. RELEASE HER AT ONCE!!!

• wrfine
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Guess you were wrong???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.