Suicidal boyfriend help please?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 4 months now at a young age and in our past we have both dealt with self harm and depression or another similar mental illness. He is also suicidal and recently he has been cutting more, it really scares me because i want to help because i love him and i never want him to deal with so much pain. he says he wants to go to a mental hospital to get better but he also doesn't want to tell anyone about how he feels but i dont want to tell someone like my parents or guidance consular without him knowing and being okay with it but i need to help him. I'm afraid that one day I will wake up and he wont be here anymore. what do i do i feel scared and i dont know how to talk to him to make him feel better. help please

Tell him what you feel. It will probably sound corny to say things like, "I love you. Please stay strong. I don't want to have to live in a world without you. You can overcome this. I'll be here for you." but say it anyway. Tell him what you feel, be sincere, and more than anything- get him help if he really does need it. One person can only do so much, especially when someone is depressed.

Source(s): One of my best friends is severely depressed.

Im not gonna lie and say i know what you are going through but sit him down look him in the eyes express your feelings to him have a long and deep conversation with him tell him what you feel.tell him why you feel this way hope this helps

Source(s): Pretty good at listening to relationship problems

You just have to be there for him and let him know you are there to listen

To simple sweet things for him

Help me?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqXtt...