Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 years ago

Why am I so socially akward?

My school has only 200 kids from pre-k to 8th grade and even though I know everyone there I don't have a lot of friends. Recently my best friend stopped hanging out with me and hasn't had a conversation with me.I am friendless to the point of sitting alone at lunch and not talking to anyone besides teachers other than lunch. I have had a couple of guys tell me I was cute and ask me out but I sort of spaz out and stop talking to them out of panic. If I am at a restaurant or at a store I can't talk to the cashier or waiter(waitress)without stuttering out of pure nervousness. I have a 1 friend in the grade above me and she is graduating this year, a cousin that I am close friends with but she lives 2 hours away from and I don't get to see her much, and I am currently reconnecting with an old friend that I haven't talked to in a year. How do I get over my awkwardness and what do I do with the lacking of friends.

Favorite Answer

Wow, that is a really small school. You may not be socially awkward, you may have just not found your "niche". In a school that small i doubt there ate very many groups represented, and i guess everyone knows everyone. I wouldnt worry about it; when you go to college it wont even matter.