Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

What does my dream mean?

Me and my friend have been trying to go to church for a long time. We are both Christians but we are struggling with partying on Saturday nights and not being able to get up for church on Sunday mornings.

Well this past weekend, we had planned on not partying to make sure we wake up for church on Sunday. I went out and partied anyways, he didn't.

That Sunday night/morning, I was having a dream that me and some of my friends and family were lost in the woods/swamp and there were 7 crocodiles, all evil and possessed, that were trying to kill and eat us. In the middle of the dream, my phone went off, and it was my friend asking if I was going to church. I told him I wasn't sure yet and went back to sleep. I was back in the same dream. I wanted it all to stop so I got into my jeep and ran over 3 of the crocodiles, killing them, and the other 4 ran away. I then woke up and went to church for the first time in months. I know that's where God wanted me to be because during worship I actually almost cried 3 times because it affected me so deeply... It was what I have been missing that these parties don't give me.

Anyways, do you think my dream means anything? I kind of feel like every dream has some kind of meaning to it, even if small. I feel like my dream was a metaphor for something and that the crocodiles represented the 7 deadly sins.

Of course all dreams have very complicated explanations. I'll try to keep this one simple.

The three (run over) crocodiles are a father, a son, and a ghost.

The other four crocodiles are actually horsemen who happen to have misplaced their steeds.

Your phone is not a phone, but a battery-operated bedside companion, and it speaks to you directly. It is not a friend calling.

The church is either a metaphor or a simile. It is either a refrigerator containing delicious cake, or it is your first unwanted pregnancy.

"God" is a metaphor for your misunderstanding of the meaning of life.

• If you want to get rid of that Saturday night partying, your going to have to kill that desire to do it, just like you did those crocodiles.

Your dream clearly means you're gay. Have fun being disowned by your Jesus-freak parents when you break the news to them.

It means you were asleep, nothing more.