What are the main Entities in this DBMS case study?

Scenario:

The top management of the university wants to computerize the university employee’s records for security reason. The security information system will comprise of three sub applications.

Fingerprint system (deployed through a biometric device)

Online Employee Record Management (ERM) that will be a web based application deployed on a central server and access able through LAN

Live Activity Monitoring System (LAMS) deployed through security camera (CCTVs) installed on various location in university premises.

Detail of each application is given below:

Fingerprint system:

To achieve this task the management wants to fix an automated fingerprint identification system for employee’s attendance. This system automatically matches fingerprints against a database of known prints. Attendance system uses biometrics to guarantee the accuracy in reporting. Attendance system works by having an employee place their finger on a small scanner upon entering and exiting the office, the attendance record is stored in the database. This information can later be checked by the management to track the employee’s check in, checkout times and location as well.

Online ERM:

To guarantee security, the employee’s are provided with a web account. Employees are provided with the user name and password so that no one can access his / her record. Using their account, employees can mark attendance, apply for leave, apply for loan, manage his/her bank account or see salary slip. Employee can also generate a new password by using the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page.

Live Activity Monitoring System (LAMS):

To better enhance the security system, management wants to install the security cameras to monitor the employee’s activities more closely, to keep an eye on precious assets and properties of the university. With the help of security cameras unauthorized and illegal activities are controlled. The security cameras capture images and record videos. These records are stored in the database. The management can view all the details about their employees at any time to monitor the productivity and job related skills of employees. Further than case use the information to ensure that he/she might not indulge in any immoral activities.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i chanced in this discover ways to be an exciting progression, and an exceedingly well timed one thinking we are in the run as much as Copenhagen. From a political perspective, i think of this is useful in that this is utilized to bolster the golf green political time table, in part simply by acceptance of the Met place of work as a relied on medical business enterprise, in spite of the undeniable fact that it would be seen as a touch too well timed thinking Copenhagen, that could reason some to question this is reliability. the consequence is unquestionably on the better end of predictions; countless analyze have envisioned a a possibility 4C upward push by using 2c4ca4238a0b92382dcc509a6f75849b00 [a million]. i'm conscious that the Met place of work has those days gained get right of entry to to lots enhanced climate fashions that could make their determine extra solid, however i don't be attentive to the small print of that. As a worst case state of affairs this is a possibility so a approaches as i'm conscious. In precis, its a solid element that the learn has been produced. EDIT: based on interpreting a number of the different answer's comments, I agree that this is strangely well timed, yet, so long simply by fact the learn has been peer reviewed scientifically, i do no longer likely persist with the argument that that's merely hype.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.