I got pulled over with 0.018% BAC?

I am an 18 year old male,

and during prom night I had a few sips of alcohol and 2 and a half hours later I was pulled over pulling into a driveway of my friend's house.

I was tested and i passed the sobriety test but blew a 0.018% BAC then 0.017% 5 minutes later.

Will this ultimately mean that I would lose my driving license for a whole year?

A couple of people told me that they had no tolerance, a couple people told me that it was an infraction and that it was so low, I would not be given such harsh punishment compared to those who blew way over.

I'm really nervous about this because I do not want to lose my license for a whole year.

Thanks.

I live in California.

0.08% BAC and below is legal for 21 and above.

i got 0.018% which is significantly low that you could

get that through drinking cough syrup.

i know, i know i shouldn't have drank but it was prom and i wasn't trying to get drunk.

i waited 2 hours, was completely sober but the trace of alcohol remained. boo.

• Favorite Answer

You're done! You better buy a bike.

All states have zero tolerance laws, meaning that even 0.001% BAC is enough for a DUI. The consequences aren't the same for ZT DUIs, and it is not the same thing as an over-21 DUI, but loss of license is a possibility. Good luck.

By the way, I live in Delaware, and I got a Zero Tolerance DUI on my 18th birthday. I didn't lose my license, and just paid a fine. My lawyer explained to me that ZT DUIs don't carry anywhere near the same weight as a regular DUI. You'll probably be fine.

I just looked it up, and I'll include a link. There is a mandatory one year suspension of driving privileges.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ff...

Sorry.

Since you are under 21, even one molecule of alcohol is considered DUI for you, even like 0.0001 BAC is DUI for you because you're not allowed any alcohol at all. Zero.

Yes, I know it's stupid and dumb because at 0.018 the alcohol was not affecting your driving ability. But laws are sometimes stupid and dumb, that's just something you'll learn as you grow up. You might lose your license for a year. Or if you can convince the judge that it was a one-time, stupid mistake, you might get off easier... 6 months, or 3 months, or something. Only the judge can decide that.

You need a lawyer. Don't screw around. DUI never go off ur record