Moose asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

Need help with something important to my overall life quality?

I went on a walk today (Was forced, of course) by myself and I saw all of the people around me. Being summertime, everybody is out and having "fun", visiting friends/relatives, having barbeques etc. etc.

For the past 8 months or so I have been having little interest in anything related to social interactions (Social anhedonia). I skip school frequently when social interactions are abundant in that class, and have completely stopped hanging out with my friends. I haven't hung out are really seen my best friend in over a year.

I have to fake all of my social interactions with people, pretending to get enjoyment out of it. Making up excuses as to why I won't be at X party, or Y gathering. Lie to my family as to why I won't visit them etc.

I'm not sure if I really want to change, or at least I keep telling myself that. I have always liked to be alone, I spend most of my time designing videogames and programming (computer programming). You must have an image in your mind of what I look like, I would reading this, though I am fairly attractive and likeable, so a lot of people wonder why I don't really have any friends or a girlfriend or whatnot.

It's not that I don't have these things, I do, but I just don't find enjoyment out of them.

Back to the walk, it mostly reminded me that I have these things, but instead of thinking that maybe they were having a nice gathering (those people I saw) I thought "Oh, they must be absolutely miserable."

I didn't think that was a proper thing to think about. I mean, most people visit each other to have fun and "catch up", right? Or rather to have fun. Issue is I don't even know why, I don't remember what it is to have fun at these things anymore, they just seem like miserable experiences to me.

And it gets me really depressed thinking about it. I'm going to College in August a couple hours drive away, I feel it will be nice to "get away from it all."

But I have seen things, I have seen the hikkikomori, the socially isolated. They always end up doing horrible things to themselves, and College is often a time where they just end up getting severely depressed.

In short (Ironic), what are some ways to "help" with these symptoms, and are they curable? I sometimes enjoy being alone, but once and a while I have mental breakdowns in my head where I actually have some time to reflect, some time to not ignore the world around me, and in that reflection I get depressed and hate myself for being so lonely. I can't even have friends, let alone a girlfriend if I won't even be able to have any sort of fun. If I'm not enjoying it, I won't do it. And if I won't do it, I won't get a girlfriend/friends. And when that thought hits me like a ton of bricks, it upsets me severely. I don't want to die alone with no kids and no family just because I couldn't fake enjoyment anymore.

Moose,

You need to see a Therapist to discuss a comprehensive plan to get you back into the world.

•Get a complete checkup and a blood draw to have your hormone Levels Checked.

•Get a Moleskin Wellness & Passion Journal

read: College Survival & Skills 101 by Marianne Ragins.

-Consider a Gap Year and Volunteer with Americorps.gov.

•Read: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Stephen Covey.

•Get out daily and walk 30 minutes, you need to raise the Serotonin Levels in your brain.

•Consider The Mediterranean Diet.

•Time to do for others, Read: The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.

Finally, push through the time, your family needs you.

Text me at 425-312-1381

I'm a free alternative to Counselors. I offer a non discriminating environment for people to

talk about their problems and ask for advice. I have been doing this for nearly a year now,

and have a fair understanding of the R.C.W (Revised Code of Washington) and U.S laws on privacy

and confidentiality.

• ?

sounds like depression. seek professional.