?
? asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

What should I do if I still feel suicidal?

monal?

I've been feeling suicidal for three weeks. I've been trying to use my skills, I've talked to my family, and my doctor increased my medication. I'm taking trilafon which is an anti psychotic. He says it'll help with mood swings. 

But I'm not experiencing mood swings. Every time I wake up in the morning I want to harm myself. 

I've been seriously planning this for weeks, but either my plans get ruined or I push it back myself. 

I don't think there is saving me and I really feel I'm near the end. 

otherwise I'll just keep suffering. I feel like I'm just wasting time and space, someone else who actually wants to live deserves this not me.

• DeAnne
    Favorite Answer

I'm not a dr, but I'd say you're on the wrong meds. If you’re a teen, remember that the teen years are the absolute worst time of your life. I'm surprised any of us survive it. You are struggling with so much stress, pressures, changes... Your body and mind are trying to cope but ... it's hard.

The brain is a very complicated and delicate thing. It can get messed up and be unable to produce any or enough serotonin. This is called a chemical imbalance which is easily treated, very common and nothing to be ashamed of.

It can cause depression, anxiety, panic, obsession, self harm/self hatred, suicidal thoughts, eating disorders, sleeping problems, aggression/rage, anger, phobias, fears, helplessness/hopelessness, hypochondria, ADHD, paranoia, OCD, headaches, lack of interest in things, lack of motivation/ focus and much more.

Ask your dr for anti-depressants. Sertraline is a good one; most people thrive on it and it has no side effects. With antidepressants, you will be much better, happier, calmer, confident, safer and feel normal. What a difference it makes!

Therapists are mostly a waste of time and money. They aren’t even allowed to prescribe appropriate meds to help you get better. Don’t stop taking the meds once you start to feel better. You need them, so stay on them.

But meds can do only so much. God is the ONLY one who knows what you’re thinking, how you’ve struggled and what you’re going thru. He loves you passionately and wants to be your BFF. He has a super-deluxe custom-made plan for your life that’s beyond anything you ever dreamed of. BUT He waits for us to ask. Invite Him into your heart; ask Him to take over your life and your problems.

Find a big, happy church, attend some groups and have fun. Talk with the pastor or youth pastor; he probably deals with this a lot and will have some good ideas. God loves you more than you can possibly imagine!! :-)

R, tell your Doctor the medication is not working.

•You are not near the end, there is help for you.

•Look for a Major University Teaching Hospital and get into a Clinical Trial.

•Have your Hormone Levels checked.

•You need to exercise daily to keep you Serotonin Levels up.

•go on-line to www.nih.gov.

•You need talk Therapy.

If you don't feel better, you'll need to check yourself into the Hospital.

Stay with us, honey. Your family loves you.

I've dealt with this I felt sucidal for weeks luckily it got better but before that it did not and I was hospitalized. If you truly feel that are are going to hurt yourself you need to either call the suicide hotline or if its that bad go to the ER. It will get better, this is coming from a girl who attempted suicide ten times. Don't do anything rash because once you get out of this funk, you'll realize how precious your life really is. Please do do anything.

Source(s): personal experience

Exercise

Call the hotline