what to do to cure elbow soreness in baseball?

i am 15 years old and i play shortstop for my high school team. last year i experienced something i have never felt before. when i threw the ball it hurt all throughout my elbow. it doesnt hurt in warm up just when im in game or taking ground balls. it will stop hurting if i stop for 10 minutes but hurt when i start again. do you think i tore something or i it something else?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Rest it completely for a week & see how you feel.

• 4 years ago

i'm a varsity baseball participant for m y college . be specific to ice your arm after each and every day out on the mound inspite of whether it hurts or no longer. additionally, you under no circumstances prefer to throw long toss on a sore arm . so a techniques as heat united statesi prefer to propose tying an elastic band around a fence placed up and stretching your arm with that. it builds elasticity which permits you to pitch longer. interior the bullpen earlier a interest pitch with low intensity first and then as you close to the top of your bullpen consultation throw a pair of dozen at complete intensity. additionally convey a jacket to disguise your arm between innings to maintain it warmed up.ultimately your guy or woman wellness would desire to be your time-honored undertaking . If discomfort is affecting your taking part in skill ask your coach to bench you for a at the same time as to stay away from greater harm.

• 7 years ago

It's not a big deal. Elbow pain is pretty common in baseball. You just need to make sure you don't rush your pre-game throwing, don't throw too hard too fast. I've your elbow after the game or practice and take a few ibuprofen before you throw so you don't feel the pain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.