Haley asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

Period problems? Need advice!?

So i have some problems with my period. 3 major ones. One is thats i miss my period alot. Ive never taken any sort of birth control or any pill that would affect if, but i might miss it for a month, or a few moths at a time (most was 3). Also, when i do get it, it lasts longer than the normal 4-6 days, it lasts sometimes up to 9 day. Finally it is a very heavy flow, not every time but most of the time. I frequently have to change products. I never get cramps or anything like that, and its never the same time of the month. If anybody has any information on why this is, how i can fix it , or ways to reduce the flow, please let me know!

• EnGiem
    Favorite Answer

As sway said diet and exercise can affect your flow. Also know that your period doesn't sound so abnormal. I've got a heavy flow and my periods always last more than a week. Birth control can help regulate and even lighten your flow.

Here are some tips on what foods may help.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/how-to-get-your-...

My biggest suggestion is cataloging your diet and exercise regime. Since what you put into your body often affects how it responds and functions, it can be a huge factor when it comes to your period. Try to keep a journal on what you eat on a day to day basis for a few months and also keep a journal for your period, cataloging notes about the flow, any cramping, when it starts, how long it lasts, and how long since your last. It's not a quick solution, but if you can understand your body a bit better, you'll be able to determine if there is something more you can do to regulate your period and get it on a more regular basis. Every woman's body is different, so the best thing you can do is try to understand how yours works. I wish you the best of luck!