Severe Pain/Soreness After Endoscopy/ Colonoscopy?

Yesterday I had my first endoscopy and colonoscopy. They were done at the same time. I was feeling pretty good afterwards besides being starving. I ended up eating pizza, wings, breadsticks, and cinni sticks! ha!

Anyway, today I woke up in severe pain, all over. My neck hurts to move what so ever. My lymph-nodes are very sore and swollen. My stomach is hard, swollen and very painful. My sides and ribs ache when I make any movement. I am absolutely miserable.

I have being taking Ibuprofen throughout the day and trying to drink to plenty of water. I have also tried massaging the gas out (didn't work) walking the gas out (didn't work) and doing some simple stretches (didn't work)

any advice on what I can do???? Should I be concerned? Thanks in advance!!

I've had tons of endoscopies the past few years (perforated ulcers) and unfortunately always experience the same neck/throat pain that you are talking about. I haven't had a colonoscopy though so I'm no help there!! Last endoscopy the drugs didn't work and it was one of the most painful/uncomfortable procedure I've been through outside of surgeries. The sore throat spray helps a lot and it should be better in a week or so. Cough drops and relaxation never hurts either! Never be afraid to ask a dr though, that's what they're there for! Feel better!!

Call the doctors office where you had the procedure done and let them know as soon as possible. If you can't get in touch with them go to the emergency room. There are always ricks when having a procedure done and you want to make sure it isn't something serious better to have it checked out.