ygiagam asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 7 years ago

Which is a better way to store DVDs?

I'm moving and I have about 125 dvds in the original cases, right now they are packed in big plastic storage bins.. I don't think they'd be as protected if I purchase those zippered cases with the thin fabric envelopes, but they'd be easier to move. They are going in a storage unit for a few months. Plus, I think they're worth more with the original cases?

• Favorite Answer

I think the movies will be fine, just the way you are planning it. Keep the cases because they add to the movies. You can read about the films and keep them damage free with complete cases.

Keep them in the original cases and in the plastic storage bins.

If you throw away the case and artwork the value of the DVD goes down significantly. Collectors always keep the cases and artwork.

Its best if you store them in a dvd book. This will keep from damaging your movie. If you leave it in its original case it might break because ur taking in and out to watch it and when you do that your messing up the middle part of your disc. Also when moviing its better because you can always smoosh a case.

They're definitely a lot better if you have their original cases. I wouldn't throw them away if I were you. Just keep them in storage and they should be fine.

In their orginal cases are better in my opinion.