Am I fat, or am I normal?

I am 15 years old, 5'3, and 126 lbs. My measurments are 36-26-40, and I am a pear shape. I know I'm not "overweight", but I just want to know if that is normal or even considered "skinny". I'm asking this on yahoo answers bc I know my mom and my friends would mostlikely not tell me the real truth. So yeah, just tell the truth please :)

Favorite Answer

Well, your BMI is 22.3 which is in the normal weight range of 18.5–24.9.

So I can say in a very unbiased manner, no, you are not fat. You are normal.

Also, if you do a lot of exercise or you have quite a broad build that can influence BMI and make you seem more "overweight" than you actually are.

I'm 104 pounds and 5'3 and people always say I'm really skinny. If that helps at all for comparison.

You're normal. You're a beautiful weight and I'm sure you're a beautiful person.

Don't let media/peers/even family influence this. You ARE beautiful. You are not fat at all.

Sorry I just know so many people at small weights (like yourself) who are battling eating disorders and are beautiful people.

That's a norma weight for someone your age and height. I'm 5'8 and 129 pounds, which I've been told is normal so yours should be right around the normal weight. (:

• DeAnne

You're not skinny; in fact, for 5'3" you should probably weigh more like 110. All females are pear shape. God made us that way for child bearing. Men are larger on top, for load bearing.

A good diet/exercise plan would be:

Breakfast: Cook 9-grain cereal (from health food store) in water with rolled oats and wheat bran. Make a big pot of it on weekends and nuke 1/2 cup each morning. Add low fat milk or yogurt, banana, walnuts and berries. Drink hot Ovaltine. Breakfast should be your largest meal of the day to raise blood sugar level which falls during the night.

Lunch: Egg, tuna or turkey ½ sandwich on whole grain bread with bean or alfalfa sprouts and yogurt w/fruit. If you had meat loaf for dinner, bring a meat loaf sandwich on whole grain bread (NO mayo). On cold days, a squatty thermos of hot chili, split peas with ham, or beef stew.

Snacks: Fresh (not canned) fruit: banana, orange, apple, kiwi, grapes, peach, nectarine, cherries, pineapple. No chips and nothing ever from a vending machine.

Dinner: salad with white meat chicken and fresh (not canned) veggies: tomatoes, 2 kinds of lettuce, 2 kinds of shredded cabbage, shredded or sliced carrots, alfalfa or bean sprouts, zucchini, green or red peppers, hard boiled eggs, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, tofu, cottage cheese...Instead of dressing, squeeze 1/4 tomato over it.

Or homemade bean/vegetable soups; great way to recycle leftovers.

Or grilled fish with steamed veggies.

Or omelet: In blender, whip together eggs, tofu, cottage cheese, onions, garlic powder. Cook with mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and green or red peppers.

Foods to avoid: junk food, fast foods, pastries, desserts, sugar, salty foods, syrup (even canned fruit in syrup), peanut butter, fat/grease (pork, wieners, chops, bacon, salami, pizza, chips, fries), pasta, potatoes, white bread, rice, canned veggies, ice cream, soda, chips. And of course no tobacco or alcohol in any form. Both of those add wrinkles and destroy your brain. No oil except olive and mac nut. Coffee also rots your brain.

To keep your skin clear, drink water. Veg. juice is good too. But not canned juice (too much sugar.)

Join a gym; they have all the equipment and staff to show you how to use it to get the look you want to achieve. Much cheaper than buying your own equipment. Go hiking, biking, jogging, bowling, swimming, rowing, jump rope, play tennis, badminton, volleyball, soccer, jumping jacks, lift weights, trampoline? To tone your tummy, do sit ups, push ups, pull ups, leg lifts and crunches.

If you lack energy to exercise, take Super B complex.

To lose weight, try an appetite suppressant.