How to Make an Iced Caramel Macchiato? Also, What's Your Favorite Coffee?

Hello! I'm writing a story that really interests me, and I'm incorporating a lot of coffee into the storyline since coffee is very interesting in my opinion. Anyway, I've done a lot of research, and I'm sure I have the basic process of making one down, however I don't know all the do's and don't's to making this drink.

For example, whilst I was out looking for video tutorials, there were comments on one of the videos criticizing the way the video uploader put this before that, and other stuff I frankly don't remember. So in detail, could someone tell me how to make an Iced Caramel Macchiato? Tell me what you want to do, what to be careful of, and what you don't want to do, please! A good story has a lot of foundation, and I'm aiming to make this a good story!

Also, since I'll probably be incorporating more coffees into this story, also please tell me what your favorite coffee beverage is!

Favorite Answer

How to Make a Caramel Macchiato at Home

By eHow Contributor

If you have an espresso machine, you can make caramel macchiatos at home and save a lot of money. Buying these tasty coffee drinks at a coffee shop can become expensive over time. Make these drinks when entertaining, or simply make them instead of your plain morning cup of coffee.

Things You'll Need

Espresso maker

Coffee grinder

Whole espresso beans

Carmel in a container

Teaspoon

Milk

Ice

Whipped cream (optional)

Coffee mug or used plastic coffee cup from your favorite coffee house

Instructions

1

Unscrew the top of your espresso maker and with the espresso carafe, pour good water to the "steam" line.

2

Twist off the top of the coffee grinder and pour whole espresso beans to the 4, 6 or 8 line, depending on the amount of espresso you desire.

3

Twist on the top of the coffee grinder and press the center button for the beans to begin to grind to a fine ground needed for making espresso.

4

Take the ground espresso from coffee grinder and with teaspoon and place them into espresso maker. Once in espresso maker, twist top on and turn on the espresso maker.

5

Wait for the grounds to brew into liquid form. This should take no longer than two to three minutes.

6

Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of caramel to your cup. If you want more or less, that is up to you.

7

Add a handful or two of ice on top the caramel. On top of the ice, add your brewed espresso and your desired amount of milk.

8

Add whipped cream on top, if desired.

Tips & Warnings

This takes no time at all. If you want your espresso to be fresh, buy the beans whole and grind them up at home. Coffee/Espresso tastes better this way.

Remember, once the espresso is brewing, it is hot and so is the espresso maker.

Please make sure no toddlers are around to grab or touch your espresso maker.

(My favorite coffee beverage is what I make for myself at home - about 2 1/3 cups of Taster's Choice House Blend instant coffee with one cup of milk and a big splash of Torani's sugar free syrup, my favourites being Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Irish Creme and Almond Roca. Oh, and this has to go in a huge, 4-cup mug! I love it either hot or iced.)

A. Grande Iced soy Chai. B. Grande Triple Ristretto Vanilla Mocha. C. Grande Soy Chai with 2 pumps gingerbread. D. Grande 2 pump Vanilla Americano with room for cream and a couple of Sugar in the Rawsssss. I used to artwork at Starbucks. Yummeh.

I like my coffee black and unsweetened. I think coffee with a lot of sugar and junk in it is gross.