Can a female teacher hang out with female student during summer vacation?

Before you start shouting no and calling it favoritism, I'm leaving the school next year. Going into 9th grade next year, onto a completely different school. Me and the teacher are very close and she's pretty much like my mother. But I'm not exactly sure how legal it'd be to either meet at neutral place(cafe, coffee shop) or talk back and forth via email or something. Can someone enlighten me on this? I love her a lot and I really want to keep in touch during the summer and beyond!

Okay, I don't know where you got the idea that I want a sexual relationship with her.. But that's really nasty. I said she's LIKE MY MOTHER. #_#

And she's currently not even my teacher. She teaches 6th grade & I'm in 8th. So, she has absolutely no teaching involvement with me.

I understand that she may not want to (which is absurd. Her husband told me she loves me-not to sound like a creep.) 'hang out' with me, but we meet and talk for half an hour in her classroom every week. I don't think she minds hanging out with me. :/

Favorite Answer

Bella I understand that YOU would like this but honestly your teacher would be a fool to meet up at ARRANGED meetings off of school time..................Also unless the rules have changed a GREAT deal most schools also stress that they can NOT have email contact with students etc etc.

You should step very carefully as she may well HAVE to turn you down due to the rules.....plus if she has a family of her own it is a little unfair for you to start wanting her attention in HER time.

edit : and I STRESS that it takes place AT SCHOOL.........ok clearly you do not give a crap that her job may well be put at risk, but hey so long as you get wtf you want right, after all that is what it is ALL about................

Many school systems have rules against friendships outside of the classroom, and for good reason.

You may have a friendship with her now that you are her student, but once out of the school, that really becomes awkward for the teacher. Not only will they have new students soon, they have little time to themselves without students. Presuming to be part of her life is not a good idea.

A good teacher can make you feel supported and give you the confidence to succeed in life. Go do that, and make her proud. If you hang around and cling to her, she will be put in the uncomfortable position of scraping you off, and certainly she deserves not to have to do that.

She has been wonderful to you so far, but she is still your teacher, not your mother.

It sounds like you are looking for a sexual relationship. It's a bad idea, even if nothing happens, because people will think something is happening.

So don't plan on it. You are just a child and the teacher can get into all kinds of trouble. Wait four years.

I see nothing wrong with it provided that your parents know and are okay with the teacher continuing to be a mentor or like a "big sister" to you. I would only see a problem if the teacher was still suppose to be giving you grades etc. I know that my son still keeps in contact with one of his teachers and I think it is positive as she has helped him to understand the importance in grades and that teachers are actually people just like anyone else. There are programs like big brothers and big sisters which are so short on volunteers that it is great that someone has taken an interest in a young person. Again as long as your parents know & are okay with it & the relationship is positive in nature.

Hey Who Knew.... It can be morbid should you question me, these teachers have snapped, i'm sorry on account that i do not like to judge any individual but something of their mind just isn't functioning competently. We had an incident right here in Illinois to the place a male trainer sexually molested his grade university scholars and just not at one tuition or town but a couple of. It's ailing! I don't know if it can be a intellectual disorder or what but there's an excessive amount of of this style of crime happening. It cannot be authorised! It makes a guardian need to snatch their baby out of university and provides them "residence study" for an alternative as a substitute of our ordinary college process. Us dad and mom believe these teachers in our tuition approach to educate our youngsters schooling in the books now not education within the sex division of their bedrms or somewhere else. I believe that the regulation in these circumstances need to be more strict than placing these so-referred to as lecturers in probation or community provider or a 3 yr plan in a prison.Get for actual! These style of academics want some critical intellectual aid and therapy! Along with a longer term in prison for hurting our youngsters!

1

Source(s): Wife/Husband Relationship Guru http://enle.info/SaveYourMarriage/?5iE0

just chat with her with google talk, it is convinient