college help! Virginia colleges?

I am currently a junior in high school with a 2.6 GPA. I have taken a total of 2 AP's and 4 HNS classes. I haven't taken my SAT's yet but i plan on taking it in June 1 and scoring 1650+.

I am the founder and president of the Red Cross Club.

I am apart of Model UN, Young Democratic, Muslim Student Asso., and Asian Student Asso.

I have done V Wrestling and JV Lacrosse my Sophomore year, Track this year, and hoping I could do V basketball and repeat track again.

Classes I hope take take senior year are AP Literature, AP Environmental Science, English Dual Enrollment with my local community college, and AP Government. I plan on trying really hard and realistically getting straight B's (Or higher) in these APs.

I really was motivated onto going to a four year college like VT or UVA. But now I realize I have a 0% chance. To be practical I want to go ODU or VCU.

I though about taking one year of cc to help out my transcript. Probably getting a 3.7+ at NOVA.

I really want to graduate from GMU, UVA or GW, becuase my dad went through pathways with 2 years cc/2 years UVA in pre-law (history, political science) and went graduate law there.

Alot of it is depending on college life. Id prefer to stay in dorms during college than going to school then just coming home for the rest of the day.

and financially is it a really big difference? I'm not the one paying for it so I dont really know if it would matter.

Can someone please give me detailed answer on what I should do. Especially someone who graduated from GW or UVA.

• Brenda
    Favorite Answer

Get your grades way up and you will stll have a shot at gettng into George Mason. It s fairly easy to get accepted there and as a backup apply to Radford which accepts everyone.