Glinda
Glinda asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

What do you still keep that belonged to, or was given to you, by your ex?

Cards or letters? Some of his/her clothes? Something you can't bear to part with.

Why do you keep it?

Favorite Answer

I have a box of memorabila hidden away somewhere, but I havent even looked in it since we split up. When he finished with me I gathered all little things to do with him and put them in this box.

I keep it all because even though we split, we did so on good terms and he was one of the best things that ever happened to me and I loved him dearly and I still have feelings for him now deep down.

And in this box are are cards, gift tags, photos and a clone of his penis with a vibrator inside, which he gave me as a birthday present.

• (*waxes lyrical) The haunting memories of the rain of fire and brimstone she heaped upon my gentle and unsuspecting soul as she fled into her own insanity of unreason and ultimate despair and dissolution, dragging down - like some emotional Black Hole - my entire Universe with her.

Nobody wins.

I simply cannot bear to hold on to anything as you describe. I cannot even re-visit my old home for which I paid so very much - the pain is too great for me to seek that 'healing' process.

Best give it all a Viking or Buddhist funeral, I say - and move on to whatever waits over the horizon...just over every horizon on every dark night is another sunrise....

Source(s): I should stay away from books by great writers.....

Nothing except my wedding ring (which I plan to sell and give him half the proceeds, just havent gotten round to it yet), and some other jewellery which I will pass on to our daughters or dump if they dont want it.

I'm not in the least sentimental, and he was never much for gifts TBH.

I have a tiny heart pendant with a tiny diamond. Not sure why I keep it. It has no sentimental value and I don't wear it. I guess I have it because I hate to throw a diamond away.

Incubus finally ****** me, after all this time of telling me I was only good for a screw... happened via internet. I hate this website.

@Incubus, I was until you pulled this **** you asshole. Seriously, why would you do that without telling me? Are you that arrogant? You just have to push until you finally push too far.

I keep the restraining order

I am of the kind that throws everything in the garbage when its over.

With exception. A few items I saved from my daughters dads that I will give to my daughters.

She did this drawing for me of a ghost holding a bouquet of flowers, kind of a Tim Burton feel to it.

nothing.

having matured before digital photography, an early "get over it method" was disposal of all photos and memory evoking "souvenirs''...

nowadays, you just delete them from the phone.

I have a shirt. It is just a shirt (man's shirt). Why throw out a useable shirt?