Do I need to take my son to an allergist or his pediatrician?

My youngest son is 27 months and we know for sure he has a peanut allergy. Since we already know can we just go to his regular pediatrician to get an EpiPen or do I need to take him to an allergist for more testing?

2 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    If u take him to ped first he will refer you to allergist .

  • D
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    If you haven't had an EpiPen given, how did you get a diagnosis of a peanut allergy? As soon as this diagnosis is made an EpiPen or similar injector is prescribed. If you diagnosed this on your own, you will want to get the diagnosis made by an allergist. You should go to the pediatrician with your concern and you will likely be referred to an allergist who can do the testing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.