Mercury asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

How to lose weight without gaining muscle definition?

I have about 30-40 pounds to lose. I want to be thin, and I am trying out Insanity, BUT I don't want to look like most of the "after" pictures. Here's a great example: http://www.thefitdads.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/...

The 'before" photo looks better than the "after." The girl still looks good, but I'm the kind of girl who just would prefer to stay feminine (soft) and not get too much definition.

Maybe you only get that way if you take a lot of protein shakes and do lifting? I'm no expert on this, obviously.

It's REALLY hard for a girl to gain muscle definition. You might look toned but that's it. Guys think toned girls are more attractive than anorexic, skinny girls who show bones. Stretch often and after every workout session for about ten minutes. This will smooth out your muscles and prevent you from looking gross and body builder-looking. The girls who do look that way exercise almost 24-7 and barely stretch. Girls just don't have enough testosterone to build any significant muscle. It's a myth. You can be skinny and fit without being anorexic or being bulky. Did that help in anyway? :D

Source(s): Health class