Leo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Why are conservatives unchristlike?

Christ was all about helping other especially the hungry and the sick. Why are you the opposite of your idol?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, they are pretty close to Christ from time to time.

He said, "Suffer the little children to come onto me," and they favor the

suffering of little children, whose families depend upon food stamps to

avoid starvation.

That's as close as they get to being genuine Christians though.

• 7 years ago

You mean the people that give more to charity than any other country on earth without the government taking from them and desiding where it should go? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/19/world-giv...

Conservative and Liberal Giving is equal http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/20...

Conservative individuals and individuals in red states were more likely to donate to religious organizations that is organizations that help the poor (Christlike). Liberals give to secular groups (politics, enviroment, abortion, drug legalization) that is self interest groups (Unchristlike)

So the answer to you question is you don't have a clue about what your talking about which is generally the case with most liberals.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Huh. Well since the Catholic Church, for example, is the largest charitable organization in the world, giving billions to those hungry and sick, among others, I guess you'd have to be WRONG.

• 7 years ago

Good question. First not all conservatives are Christian. But the ones that are do exactly what you say they give to the poor 2-10 times more than Liberals do. This is a fact look it up. What they don't agree with and neither did Jesus selling from your neighbor to give to someone else, this is what Liberals believe in. I hope you understand the difference.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

All fall short of the glory of God. Still better to fall short of Christ than to stoop to the level of 0bama.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

What do you base your statement on?

Matthew 26:11 tells us different.

How much time have you spent, today, in a hunger shelter? How much time have you given to the sick? Why are you casting stones at someone you know nothing about.

• 7 years ago

I am all about helping the hungry. I spend two days a week at the local homeless shelter helping out. When was the last time you did something to help others?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No one be be like Christ. But they can follow his teachings.

• 7 years ago

politics and religion dont mix. you should play devil may cry 4.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.