is there such thing as a christian "summer fling"?

i will be graduating from high school in a few weeks & heading off to college in the fall. right now, i have feelings for a guy and i know he has them back... but i know that the odds are against us since we're going to school in different states and i don't really see anything long-term with him. we are both christians and are serious about our faith.

my question is... what is your opinion on "summer fling" relationships? is there anything wrong with them?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

"Summer flings" do happen. A lot of them, for the reasons you listed. Given that 80+% of the US population is self-described "christian", logically 80% of the "summer flings" are among "christians". There are two and only two things "god" requires of you. (1) Do not get pregnant, and (2) do not catch anything unpleasant (STD's). Don't get caught is also a wise precept, but if you follow "god's" requirements, you minimize the chances of that. Have fun and "God" Bless!!

Blessings on your Journey!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The Christian Fling I know is when we all get together at church, have cook outs socialize etc. Sound like you thinking of the Amish runspringers (sp) that is when young amish enter the world and get their funk on, this way they can see if they want to return to an AMish life or stay in our world.

• 7 years ago

Clearly Christianity teaches there should be no sex outside of marriage-- the seasons are no exception.

Nothing wrong with dating and enjoying each other's company, though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.