What if my friend doesn't like my birthday gift to her?

So my friend's birthday is in two days and she is very picky. We asked her what's she wants and she gave us practically a list of what she doesn't want: makeup, perfume, clothes, jewelry, books, or even gift cards.

So since I had practice today I had my big sister pick out a bag at the mall and I would pay her back. However my sister picked out a quite expensive but not-so-cute bag and we don't have time to return it and pick out a new one. Also I know I should be thankful that my sister took the time to shop for me even though she has work.

I'm kind of nervous if my friend will hate it. I even included the gift receipt! Do you think my friend will be irrationally ungrateful and what should I do?

Favorite Answer

-If she is truly your friend I'm sure she won't hate it. If it was expensive and you added the receipt she can always return it ,but that might just hurt you. :P

Source(s): Why not gift cards?

Well I think it's a little disrespectful of your friend to actually say what she wants and doesn't for her birthday, I mean the most important thing is to have your loved once around, isn't it? And if she doesn't like the gift you have her, that's just a little mean, cuz you tried your best to make your friend happy. I mean once I had a story when my BFF gave me a birthday gift of a set of books that I already had and I was still grateful! And I believe that friends should not "wait" for a birthday gift or "demand" one cuz like again that's not the thing that matters most. And if I would get a bag for my birthday I would be super happy and grateful and even if I might not like it I won't say anything but I will be happy because its from my friend and she tried and that what's important is that I have all the people that I love around me. Just be confident when you give her the gift and hope for the best :) good luck...

I don't know if she will, however I think as a friend she should appreciate the effort you made in getting her a gift.