Why do people want to know why you're not dating anyone?

I'm only 15, so I feel like I don't really need to have a relationship like that right now. I do get crushes on boys, but I never act on it, because I have other things like school to worry about. What bothers me is when people ask me why I don't have a boyfriend. It makes me feel awkward, like I'm committing a crime or something. Why do people even ask in the first place?

What a fantastic and level-headed person you are! Don't see many 15 years olds like you anymore. Be proud of yourself and what your priorities are, you are in such a great stage in your life and you'll know when you are ready for any kind of commitment. People ask because they are nosey tw*ats that have no opinion in the way in which you lead your life. Don't feel awkward, be proud that you are going to be the least likely to become a teenage mum!

i have the same problem too!! its sooo annoying! especially with family members. it makes me feel like they expect me 2 have one and kinda brings me down a bit :/ i guess they expect u to have one already since a lot of girls start dating at that age. but u should't worry about it. its good that ur focused in school. when they ask tell them that your too busy with school or make them feel bad by saying,"goossshhhhh why does EVERYBODY say that??!"

• Bill

it's just a hot topic, that's all. it doesn't have near as much to do with you, as it does with the person who is asking it. a majority of all that, is just small talk. what do they care? they don't; it's just a hot topic.

best wishes