fiona asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

I want to loose weight?

Im a basketball player with an injury now. I want to loose about 20lb and get really fit. tone/big muscles. Im a girl and want to know how I can achieve this. I am not able to run or jump with my injury but i can ride the elliptical. What foods should I be eating what shouldnt I be eating?I start running in 3 weeks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Stick to eating eggs, oily fish, red meats, Green veg and others rich in color (like red peppers) and brown rice/pasta/noodles. Try to limit sugar intake to a minimum and get any kicks like that from fruit and fruit juice. Water should be your best friend, don't drink soda and no alcohol. If you want bigger muscles, up the protein and lower the sugar. Do eat a balanced diet so try to put two portions protein, two veg, one carb and one-to-none sugar on a plate. Good luck!

• 7 years ago

I am sorry to hear about your injury.

Because your body is in a state of "trauma" you must eat foods that aid in healing. Balanced nutrition is the key.

Even though you want to lose weight, malnutrition can increase your risk of developing a non-healing wound. While protein is an essential component of wound healing--as it is the building blocks for there are many other nutrients such as calories, fluid, vitamins, minerals, arginine and glutamine that are crucial for wound healing. Increasing the intake of protein alone may not be sufficient for wound healing. Protein is composed of amino acids, which are considered the building blocks of the body. Protein is composed of amino acids, which are considered the building blocks of the body. Protein is considered the building blocks of the body.

There is a new product out now which is helping people by providing complete nutrition. It is called Zeal. While there are a lot of health products out there. Zeal is the only one that has the patent on being an 'all-in-one" health product. It is all natural and has nothing artificial. People report all kinds of improvements with their health. It also claims to give increased energy--naturally without caffeine..

They also have shakes and a weight management kit. They offer people a 30 day money back guarantee. Read the testimonies on the website--It is pretty amazing.

www. zealtransformation.zealforlife.com

Hope this helps.

Source(s): http://www.livestrong.com/article/404105-does-prot... www.zealtransformation.zealforlife.com
  • DeAnne
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Muscle weighs more than fat. So if you develop big muscles, you'll weigh even more than you do now.

Runing is good but a variety of exercises is better. A good diet/exercise plan would be:

Breakfast: Cook 9-grain cereal (from health food store) in water with rolled oats and wheat bran. Make a big pot of it on weekends and nuke 1/2 cup each morning. Add low fat milk or yogurt, banana, walnuts and berries. Drink hot Ovaltine. Breakfast should be your largest meal of the day to raise blood sugar level which falls during the night.

Lunch: Egg, tuna or turkey ½ sandwich on whole grain bread with bean or alfalfa sprouts and yogurt w/fruit. If you had meat loaf for dinner, bring a meat loaf sandwich on whole grain bread (NO mayo). On cold days, a squatty thermos of hot chili, split peas with ham, or beef stew.

Snacks: Fresh (not canned) fruit: banana, orange, apple, kiwi, grapes, peach, nectarine, cherries, pineapple. No chips and nothing ever from a vending machine.

Dinner: salad with white meat chicken and fresh (not canned) veggies: tomatoes, 2 kinds of lettuce, 2 kinds of shredded cabbage, shredded or sliced carrots, alfalfa or bean sprouts, zucchini, green or red peppers, hard boiled eggs, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, tofu, cottage cheese...Instead of dressing, squeeze 1/4 tomato over it.

Or homemade bean/vegetable soups; great way to recycle leftovers.

Or grilled fish with steamed veggies.

Or omelet: In blender, whip together eggs, tofu, cottage cheese, onions, garlic powder. Cook with mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and green or red peppers.

Foods to avoid: junk food, fast foods, pastries, desserts, sugar, salty foods, syrup (even canned fruit in syrup), peanut butter, fat/grease (pork, wieners, chops, bacon, salami, pizza, chips, fries), pasta, potatoes, white bread, rice, canned veggies, ice cream, soda, chips. And of course no tobacco or alcohol in any form. Both of those add wrinkles and destroy your brain. No oil except olive and mac nut. Coffee also rots your brain.

To keep your skin clear, drink water. Veg. juice is good too. But not canned juice (too much sugar.)

Join a gym; they have all the equipment and staff to show you how to use it to get the look you want to achieve. Much cheaper than buying your own equipment. Go hiking, biking, jogging, bowling, swimming, rowing, jump rope, play tennis, badminton, volleyball, soccer, jumping jacks, lift weights, trampoline? To tone your tummy, do sit ups, push ups, pull ups, leg lifts and crunches.

If you lack energy to exercise, take Super B complex.

To lose weight, try an appetite suppressant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.