What are the consequences for driving without a license ?

I am seventeen years old recently just got a ticket for driving with out a license .As I got pulled over , the police officer , Had my mom come to the scene & drive the car back home .

I do have a background from 2008/ For petty theft & criminal mischief .

I haven't got in any trouble since then .I'm not quiet sure what to expect when I go to court.

I don't wanna do any jail time . What could be my options ?? Should I get a lawyer ??

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

The court will give you a lawyer & the judge may suspend you from getting your licence for a few more yrs. No you can't do jail for not having a licence but the police will be looking out for your car to catch you out again. Just dress average put your head down & look remorsefull for your actions & you will be fine. Good luck.

• 7 years ago

A fine and a licence suspension. I don't think you'll get jail time if you weren't on probation for another offense that carries it.

Should I get a lawyer ?

It would hurt to interview a few. Asking them what you can reasonably expect them to do for you for the money you would pay them. Reputable lawyers will not fill your head with false hopes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.