What are the consequences for driving without a license ?

I am seventeen years old recently just got a ticket for driving with out a license .As I got pulled over , the police officer , Had my mom come to the scene & drive the car back home .

I do have a background from 2008/ For petty theft & criminal mischief .

I haven't got in any trouble since then .I'm not quiet sure what to expect when I go to court.

I don't wanna do any jail time . What could be my options ?? Should I get a lawyer ??

The court will give you a lawyer & the judge may suspend you from getting your licence for a few more yrs. No you can't do jail for not having a licence but the police will be looking out for your car to catch you out again. Just dress average put your head down & look remorsefull for your actions & you will be fine. Good luck.

A fine and a licence suspension. I don't think you'll get jail time if you weren't on probation for another offense that carries it.

Should I get a lawyer ?

It would hurt to interview a few. Asking them what you can reasonably expect them to do for you for the money you would pay them. Reputable lawyers will not fill your head with false hopes.