Ramadan: Why are the sects not being unified?

In regards to Mindy's question, the ridiculous sectarianism on Yahoo impails me. We are all striving for one definite and united Ummah in Islam, why do I see such things as there's Muslims... and then there's shias? Or Shias dont folliw this, sunnis dont follow that. It deeply saddens me that we are still not even trying to show respect for our felliw Muslims. We have NO power to say who is and isnt a follower of the Prophet pbuh or a Muslim.

My question is why do some Muslims like to dissasociate themselves with another Muslim? Unite, please. This is killing our Ummah.

JazakAllah Khair

Вangladeshi বাংলাদেশী Teeη and لا إله إلا الله I❤ISLAM completely disowned my statements. You guys realize you're promoting sectarianism? Nobody here has the power to say who IS AND ISN'T Muslim. This is only up to Allah (swt), and nobody else. The notion that you can say just because someone calls themselves a Sunni or Shia or anything else is that they are Muslim, and then they don't even pray, or anything that we are supposed to follow.

Alhumdullilah I see some good answers here, but to the people promoting sectarianism, this is disgusting. I really do hope you understand that you don't have any power to say who is and isn't Muslim, and that you're hurting many peoples feelings.

JazakAllah Khair

Вangladeshi বাংলাদেশী Teeη, you are not understanding what I'm saying, not even a bit. Shia Muslims are Muslims and follow the Prophet (pbuh) just like every other Muslim. Stop promoting sectarianism!

Вangladeshi বাংলাদেশী Teeη, the claim that someone is Muslim, but the claim that they are a practicing Muslim is another. This doesn't matter if some claim Shia are not Muslims. These people who say this have NO POWER to say who is and is not Muslim. Only Allah (swt) has the power to judge anyone.

Favorite Answer

I think this happens in all religions, though. Everybody has a slightly different take on what the verses of their holy book mean, or even if those verses are authentic or not, or if they are just advice or if its sunnah or if it's an admonition straight from god. And since religious devotees feel very strongly about this stuff, these little cracks only widen and widen until the group splinters. And each splinter group thinks the other is wrong and are not the "real" believers.

This is just the nature of things with religious dogma and stubborn people. I think it's unrealistic to expect Muslims to unite, nor is it realistic to expect Catholic and Protestant Christians to merge back into one group.

In short -- not gonna happen.

Sunni=Muslim and Muslim=Sunni. Sunni is just a made up political group name because Sunni just means you follow what the Quran enumerates and implies and the same with the Ahadeeth.

Now Shia! Shia=Muslim + Belief Sahaba has no power in Hadiths & Imams have higher authority than prophets. Nowhere does it say in the Quran or Ahadeeth that Imams have higher authority and that the sahaba's ahadeeth are invalid.

Thus, Sunni is the only name they could use for this political group instead of just calling it Muslim. Most people don't like to characterize themselves as Sunni or Shia, so they just call themselves Muslim. Calling yourself a Muslim is calling yourself a Sunni because Sunni is just being a normal Muslim as most people are but Shia means you have to believe certain things that were nowhere mentioned anywhere across the history of Islam.

Source(s): Slave of Allah
  • Honestly i wish this ummah would unite,

all i ever see here is ignorant hatred against Shias.

We're all muslims, treat your fellow brothers and sisters in islam kindly. If you think someone isn't following the 'true version' of islam, then leave it up to Allah to question them on the day of judgement. Do not be arrogant and label people as kaffir and non-muslims, just because you don't like their sect.

Muslims need to unite, united we are far more powerful than we are divided. This hatred and division among us is tearing is down, and we ourselves are to blame for it.

Alas, the Prophet pbuh himself has foreseen it in his hadith about the ummah divided into the 73 sects (only one is correct).

I just hope that people with the different belief, religion and ideology would not be hostile and violent towards one another that the world can be a better place for all of us. Don't we all have the same values about respect and tolerance?

• b/c not every one wants to be a Sunni and other sects are deviants

Sunni=True Muslims

ppl are misguided and want to believe other beliefs so that is why they are not unified

while most Muslims are Sunni 80-90% so most of the Ummah is unified, its just these small deviant sect followers that's all

it is clear who follows Prophet Muhammad (saw) and who doesn't , Shias are called followers of Ali(ra) for a reason and only Sunnis are called people of the tradition of Muhammad and the consensus of the Ummah

Really the truth hurts , ppl need to accept it and the Prophet (saw) said the majority of the ummah will be the right sect , if all the ppl are Sunni that follow the Quran and Sunnah then there wont be sects anymore, it will be one ummah. It is clear who and who isn't a follower of Prophet Muhammad (saw) , some ppl don't consider Shias Muslims anymore...

Prophet (saw) said "Without doubt my Ummah will never be gathered in misguidance. Whenever you see disagreement, then hold fast to the Sawad-e-A'zam (the great majority)" [Ibne Majah]

Sectarianism is haram.

There was no Shia Sunni division in the life of Prophet Muhammad. This division is due to the political rivalry.

http://www.sunna.info/antiwahabies/wahha…

quran 6:159 translation

As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

In ethnicity Arabs are Semitic whereas Persians are Red Aryan so your different races.

Islam does not recognize racial differences and it's what give you all common ground to stick together.

I am a Muslim. I do believe in Allah SWA and His Messangers.

I follow Qur'an and Prophets Tradition, Hadith.

However I don't like people trying to spread Fitnah here: Some kind of names Shi, Su.. Wah,,,,and now Turks isam. It is fitnah and Have to STOP.

Yes every muslims are brothers.

The Believers Are Like Brothers To One Another; So, Promote Peace And Reconciliation Among Them,

And Fear Allah, That You May Receive Mercy.

(Surah 49: Ayah 10)

He Has Weak Faith Until That Person

Loves For His Brother What He Loves For Himself.

Sahih Bukhari

Truly The Faithful Are To One Another Like Components Of A Building—Each Part Supports The Other.

Sahih Muslim And sahih Bukhari

The Faithful Are Like A Single Body: If His Eye Suffers, Then His Constitution Will Suffer; And If He Has A Headache, Then His Whole System Will Suffer.

sahih Muslim

103. And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah.s favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.

(Qur'an 3:103)

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’aan) that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them”

[al-Nisa’ 4:140]

NO SECULARISM

NO NATIONALISM

ONLY ISLAM

When some one ask me what religion am I , I replay I am Muslim. Since invasion on Iraq from foregone troop , it seems to me every one is willing to be divided and they willing to do it for them selves. Why? I am asking Why? To make it for our greater enemy to swallow us one by one easily?

If among Muslims who have some differences and they start bickering , one of them bite anther ones Hand, they start killing. But when greater enemy, from outside, chop they hend off , complitly they seem to put them on same skale to those who just bit them. When all of you learn? When?

Stop secterianisam. Think about what is on your "plate " right now

It was just a question, a simple question yet some people took it to heart somehow and made it into some sort of offense towards them.

One of the drawbacks of organized religions