Does Aloe Vera reduce sunburn redness?

So I got terribly sunburned on only my nose and no where else. I wore glasses all day and it left a mark, long story. The redness is really, really red, almost purple actually and it doesn't hurt or burn. I didn't wear sunscreen because I was in a rush this morning, now I learned my lesson. I have school tomorrow, is there any way I can reduce a bit of the redness?

I heard that applying a cold washcloth and aloe vera lotion on the affected area often can help to reduce the redness. Is this true? I am currently using Vaseline's Aloe Fresh lotion and applying cold washcloths on my nose very often, will it help reduce the redness?

Favorite Answer

Aloe vera gel is well known to reduce redness and calm the skin. Also chamomile helps if you have chamomile teabags you can rub it on your face. It seems odd, but it helps. Whatever you do, do not apply lemon, lime, apple cider vinegar, or anything with highly acidic ingredients. Also make sure not to keep putting anything on your skin. At the most apply it about 3 times a day. If you do anymore, it can greatly irritate the skin. Cold washcloths do help. Do not wash it with anything too rough. Hope I helped!! :)

Source(s): Experience with Redness.