Chemistry Question!!!!?

Suppose 50.00 mL of 2.0 x 10^-6 M Fe(NO3)3 is added to 50.00 mL of 2.0 x 10^-4 M KIO3.

Which of the following statements is true? For Fe(IO3)3, ksp = 1.0 x 10^-4

a) A precipitate forms because Qc > Ksp

b) A precipitate forms because Qc < Ksp

c) No precipitate forms because Qc < Ksp

d) No precipitate forms because Qc = Ksp

3) No precipitate forms because Qc > Ksp

Can you guys explain your thought process so I can understand the problem?

Thanks!!

while you're pertaining to your self, and however while you're no longer, of path. something is possible. I even have an exceedingly complicated time information math and Chemistry. To the ingredient that frequently I truly think of that is impossible for me to comprehend. in case you physique of strategies it with an open strategies and discover the perfect individual to describe it although, it helps lots. certainly one of my matters with math... Algebra extremely.... I even have had 3 diverse instructors clarify something to me, the comparable element, slope and stuff. i did no longer comprehend it in any respect. A 4th instructor got here visiting although, and she or he became into waiting to describe it extraordinarily lots and that i comprehend truly comprehend it, and whilst/if a lesson starts off dealing with it returned, with a splash help i've got self assurance i'm going to be waiting to do it. purely because of the fact somebody has a low IQ or does not comprehend something does not propose they might't do particular issues. The strategies is a muscle, and you will consistently exercising it to bolster it. A low IQ skill a nasty awareness set and information (i don't comprehend precisely what IQ checks degree...) each and every thing on the checks may well be discovered although. you're no longer born understanding the wisest element to do particularly circumstances, you in basic terms learn that. some human beings save their minds closed and don't learn awareness and sensual awareness. somebody is likewise no longer born understanding Algebra. it truly is something you may desire to learn. Even those with gaining knowledge of disabilities are waiting to benefit by time and attempt. that is all a rely of ways lots attempt you're prepared to furnish :) bypass to the Khan Academy internet site. Khan is impressive :)

1)Write chemical equation

Fe(NO3)3 +KIO3 -->Fe(IO3)3 + KNO3

[IO3] = (50mL)(2.0x10^-4M) / 100mL =1.0x10^-4 M

[Fe^3+]= (50mL)(2.0x10^-6M)/100mL = 1.0 x10^-6 M

Fe(IO3)s <----> Fe^3+(aq) +(IO3)-(aq)

Q=[Fe][IO3]

Q=(1.0x10^-4)(1.0x10^-6) = 1.0 x10^-10

Ksp for Fe(IO3)3 is 1.0x10^-4. Notice that Q is smaller than Ksp, so the solution is unsaturated in Fe(IO3)3 and a precipate will not form.

answer is C

Source(s): chemistry student