If i hear voices, does it mean i am of the devil??..?

IM a Christian and my brother is a Jehovah. My mother recently passed away and I can feel her presence sometimes and hear her voice when she speaks to me.. I tried to confide in my brother and he told me that hearing voices is of the devil. He also said it was in the Bible, but couldn't point it out to me.. Any input would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Only a hysterical religious fanatic would say something like hearing your mom's voice is the work of the devil. If that means I'm calling your brother a brainwashed religious zealot, then so be it.

What you've got going on is a perfectly normal part of the grieving process. Don't let anyone, especially an obsessed cult follower, tell you you're dealing with the devil. Those people think absolutely everything is the devil.

If you are a Christian as you professed to be, then you should believed what the Bible teaches. Eccl 9:5, 6, 10 God's Word says the dead cannot speak, hear, move about, or neither they have memories of anything anymore. The dead are lifeless as the dust. (Gen 3:19) If you don't believed what God's Word tells you, then Christian you should not be.

I'm sorry for your loss but your mom has resurrection hope as the Bible stated in John 5:28, 29 and Acts 24:15. When she does come to life again in the resurrection, she will be given an opportunity to live forever on earth as promised in God's Word, the Bible. (Ps 37:11, 29; Matt 5:5) As for you, will you be there to greet your mom in the resurrection?

Hearing voices and feeling the presence of someone? Please don't let 1 John 5:19 together with Rev 12:9 continued to play with your mind. Losing someone dear to anyone isn't easy, will never be easy but trusting God's Word that promised resurrection to the dead will help ease some pains.

• Robin

it means two things either you have not taken your meds or something is wrong with your brain >> it doesnt mean you are the devil just because you are christian or jehovah does not have anything to do with hearing voices go get some help asap

The dead don't speak. It's possible you can feel your deceased mom's presence because you keep thinking of her. You may even think you hear her voices, because you want to and your mind is conjuring it all up. When you are in lucid dream and see her presence, they don't talk at all but in your mind you seem to be able to communicate and understand what she is saying even she is not "

Never mix antidepressants and alcohol.

No it doesn't.