What is this clicking noise from my passenger side wheel well?

I have a 2000 Honda Civic DX. About a month ago, a clicking noise started happening when I pressed on the brakes. It would be a solitary click. About a week later, I started to hear the sound every now and then when I would be driving at low speeds, and if I pressed on the brakes, the noise would stop, until I let off the brakes. Now the noise is starting to happen at higher speeds too. When I press the brakes, the click will stop, but when I let go, the noise comes right back. Sometimes it will take 5 or 10 minutes of driving before the clicking starts. Does anyone have any clue what the problem could be? Someone told me it could be a bad wheel bearing, and someone else told me it could be a bad breakpad. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Favorite Answer

If the click only happens when the steering wheel is pointed straight ahead you have a bad INNER constant velocity joint. If you hear the click while turning a corner you have a bad OUTER constant velocity joint.

Source(s): Alignment, suspension and brake shop.

brake pad /spring clip or Cv joint are main culprits here.

check out brake pad and ensure spring clip in in place and pad(s) not loose in calliper etc.

then check Cv

by driving full lock in a circle in each direction. if we get clicking on circling ? and not straight ahead? then worn VC joint.

Its the cvc joint