Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

why does my dog freak out when this happens?

I was wrestling my dog and she started licking my face and i started making this spitting sound and she flipped out and ran all over the place. I did it again today same result. she also starts licking her foot when i do this before she starts flipping out. anyone know why this is?

I suggest not wrestling. Sounds like she is in distress.

To read more about the problems with wrestling with pets, read Patricia McConnell's "The Other End of the Leash"

• walko

it may be which you straightened your hair and he or she did no longer know you. additionally it quite is basically his 2nd night, so something could have scared her. i does not be fearful on the subject of the dogs attacking you or having habit issues because of this, he grow to be basically scared. She did no longer advise for it to be own. basically take a seat in a room along with her, and examine out to reconnect along with her. by no capacity corner a dogs, fairly despite if it quite is new. This sends the message which you will attack her or are threatening her. She does not comprehend your honest yet, you need to instruct her by way of your strikes. And this incident could have set you back on gaining her believe. you need to be very calm round her for now. good success!

The licking of the foot is a nervous habit. the noise you're making is either high pitched and hurts her ears, or for whatever reason, its making her really nervous and anxious