Why does my 2008 ford focus engine keep turning off while parked or idle?

It shakes right before it shuts off. I turn it back on and it stays on for a few seconds, then shuts back off. So far it only happens while I have it on park or when at a red light and its on idle. I had just gotten the motor mount replaced, because it would shake alot when I would hit 65mph. I noticed that it started shaking again. I did take a road trip that was about 700 mile drive, im not sure if that could have something to do with it. Please help, I'm hoping it won't turn off on me and not turn back on. Thank you, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Have you considered checking the air filter to see if it's dirty or when was the last time you replaced the fuel filter.

Source(s): 30 yrs home mech and Mech Eng

I have actually had very similar things happen with two cars. The first had a spark plug that would not stay seated correctly and the other had a spark plug that was ctacked and so some of the spark would leak out the side.

Something with the intake or a vacuum hose.